Lauryn Hill Dedicates Song 'Black Rage' to Ferguson
Not a few of "my favorite things"
In the midst of the tragic events still unfolding in Ferguson, Mo., Lauryn Hill uploaded a version of her song, "Black Rage (Sketch)," dedicated to the beleaguered city.
Set to the tune of "My Favorite Things," the lyrics, of course, are much more serious than the Sound of Music tune:
"Black rage is founded on two-thirds a person / Rapings and beatings and suffering that worsens / Black human packages tied up with strings / Black rage can come from all these kinds of things / Black rage is founded on blatant denial / Squeezed economics, subsistence survival / Deafening silence and social control / Black rage is founded on wounds in the soul."
And that's just the beginning of the chilling song.
An old sketch of Black Rage, done in my living room. Strange, the course of things. Peace for MO. - MLH https://t.co/47v9BEDoN6
— Ms. Lauryn Hill (@MsLaurynHill) August 21, 2014
This post originally appeared on Billboard.com.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Bedlam Overtakes Jane Austen, While F. Scott Fitzgerald Sings
- 'Free The Nipple' Trailer Shows Women Fighting For Equality Through The Right To Bare Chests
- Jimmy Kimmel Gets Into Bathroom Brawl With Freddie Wong Over Their Necktie Knowledge
- Carla Ferrigno, Angela Leslie And Louisa Moritz Come Forward With Allegations Against Bill Cosby
- Vanessa Hudgens Says Gigi On Broadway Role Is 'A Dream Come True'
- Joey King, Peyton List, Sabrina Carpenter & More Fresh Faces Hit Just Jared's Homecoming Dance
- Christian Grey Asks Anastasia Steele to Trust Him in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' New Trailer - Watch Now!
- Harry Styles Addresses Rumors That He Bought 1,989 Roses For Taylor Swift - Watch Now!