Led Zeppelin Drummer John Bonham's Son Wants to Perform With Hologram of Father
The legendary musician's son is sounding out special effects experts on a possible performance for his tribute act, The Led Zeppelin Experience.
LONDON – Jason Bonham, son of late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, has said it's his dream to perform with a hologram of his father.
Jason, who joined Led Zeppelin for their last proper show at London's O2 Arena in December 2007, told website Legendary Rock Interviews that he has been speaking to special effects experts about the possibility of a drum performance by his tribute group, The Led Zeppelin Experience, with the hologram.
"When I first started doing this, I was working with some of the people behind some of the biggest tribute tours, like Pink Floyd Experience, The Beatles, and now I'm doing it," he said. "It's imperative that I continue putting together the best shows and take it to the next level. I'm talking to people about holograms, and my dream is to do the hologram drum solo with my dad next to me."
While the legendary band has not performed together since their London O2 Arena gig in 2007, a film of the concert, titled Celebration Day, was released on DVD in November following a brief run in cinemas.
Digital Domain Media Group famously created a Tupac Shakur concert hologram at 2012's Coachella Festival, bringing the rapper "back to life" onstage after he had been dead for 16 years.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Robert Downey Jr. Tweets First Photo From 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Set
- Hot Docs 2014: 'The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz' Review
- David Foster Wallace's Family Doesn't Support the Jason Segel-Starring Biopic 'End of the Tour'
- George Lucas 'Is a Consultant' on 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' Says Disney Chief
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!