Led Zeppelin Drummer John Bonham's Son Wants to Perform With Hologram of Father
The legendary musician's son is sounding out special effects experts on a possible performance for his tribute act, The Led Zeppelin Experience.
LONDON – Jason Bonham, son of late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, has said it's his dream to perform with a hologram of his father.
Jason, who joined Led Zeppelin for their last proper show at London's O2 Arena in December 2007, told website Legendary Rock Interviews that he has been speaking to special effects experts about the possibility of a drum performance by his tribute group, The Led Zeppelin Experience, with the hologram.
"When I first started doing this, I was working with some of the people behind some of the biggest tribute tours, like Pink Floyd Experience, The Beatles, and now I'm doing it," he said. "It's imperative that I continue putting together the best shows and take it to the next level. I'm talking to people about holograms, and my dream is to do the hologram drum solo with my dad next to me."
While the legendary band has not performed together since their London O2 Arena gig in 2007, a film of the concert, titled Celebration Day, was released on DVD in November following a brief run in cinemas.
Digital Domain Media Group famously created a Tupac Shakur concert hologram at 2012's Coachella Festival, bringing the rapper "back to life" onstage after he had been dead for 16 years.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years