Liam Gallagher: Robbie Williams Is a 'Fat F---ing Idiot'
The British rocker lashed out at the Take That member the night both played in Manchester.
Famous for his unpredictable behavior and short fuse as the singer of Oasis, Liam Gallagher is still picking fights.
Gallagher’s new band Beady Eye played Wednesday in Manchester, England’s 1,500-capacity Ritz, their first concert of a three-show tour. The same night, pop singer Robbie Williams headlined a concert in the city’s 60,000-person Etihad Stadium.
Asked by BBC Radio 5 Live about the concerts’ disparity in sizes, Gallagher bashed Williams’ success.
“We should be playing the Etihad three nights, not some f---ing fat f---ing idiot,” Gallagher said. “It could be any f---ing clown.”
“I think it's a shame that he's doing three nights and a band like us are doing one night in the Ritz,” he continued. “Poor, mate. It's not about him; it's people in general. But it's about f---ing him, just in case you think I'm scared or something."
Gallagher and his brother and former Oasis bandmate Noel have feuded with Williams before, although it wasn't always so. The Gallaghers were friendly with Williams when he first split from boy band Take That, but years later Noel called him “that fat dancer from Take That." In 2000, Williams challenged Liam to a boxing match for £100,000 while at the Brit Awards.
Liam and Beady Eye are touring to support their new second album, BE.
“Beady Eye ain't a big band," Gallagher later said. "Everyone thinks we're going to announce big f---ing stadiums. [The Ritz] is the level we're at, and we'll stay at that until you pull your f---ing finger out and buy the f---ing records."
Williams is currently touring his ninth studio album, Take The Crown.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!