Lil Wayne Announces Young Money Compilation With Nicki Minaj, Drake
"Young Money: Rise of an Empire" is due in stores Mar. 11 and will also feature Gudda Dugga, Tyga, Shanell, Christina Milian and others.
After releasing its last compilation over four years ago, Young Money Entertainment has announced a new release for 2014.
Young Money: Rise of an Empire, the label's second compilation featuring its roster of artists -- and third overall, including last year's Rich Gang album with Cash Money Records -- is due in stores Mar. 11. The album will, naturally, feature Young Money CEO Lil Wayne, with Drake, Nicki Minaj, Gudda Gudda, Tyga, Shanell, Christina Milian and more also making appearances.
In support of the album, first single "We Alright," which features Wayne, Birdman and the newly-signed Rhode Island rapper Euro, was released today (Jan. 22), with official rotation spots coming Jan. 28.
The album is also set to include a single in the form of "Trophies," which will feature Drake. The rapper introduced the song late last month and performed a snippet of it during his Saturday Night Live set last weekend.
"This compilation is a very special release for the label," Cortez Bryant, Young Money's COO, said in a release. "We Are Young Money helped launch the careers of our first generation of acts with Drake, Nicki Minaj, and Tyga. Even though we've been honored with accolades as a company, our hunger hasn't diminished or dwindled. We're hungrier than ever, and we're still building.
"That goes hand-in-hand with the title Young Money: Rise Of An Empire. We're not going anywhere. We don't plan on stopping -- ever. Our goal is the expansion of this Empire with the next generation of kings and queens ruling."
"There's nothing like it when the whole family gets together in the studio," Lil Wayne added. "YMCMB is stronger than ever, and everybody was truly on fire. We're all blessed to be a part of this incredible Empire as it continues to thrive. I can't wait for what's next. Keep watching."
We Are Young Money peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard 200, selling 142,000 copies in its first week. Rich Gang equaled that placing, with first-week sales of 24,000.
A full tracklist has not yet been released.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- What Does David Letterman's Retirement Mean for the Future of Late Night TV?
- 13 Stars Who Got Their Starts On MTV (PHOTOS)
- Dwayne Johnson Facts: 29 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About The Rock
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Fainting Spell and Morgan Freeman's Helium Balloon Voice (VIDEO)
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!