Lil Wayne Confirms 'Dedication 4' Mixtape Release Date, Laughs Off Drake-Chris Brown Brawl
The hip hop superstar recently announced that he’s going to take a break from the rap game to focus on skateboarding, but will debut a new album by the month's end.
Lil Wayne may be taking a break from recording, but fans will still have new music from the Young Money Cash Money superstar by the end of the month.
Wayne, who recently announced that he is taking an indefinite hiatus from creating music in order to focus on his skateboarding career, is set to debut his highly anticipated Dedication 4 mixtape on Aug. 30. The rapper made the announcement via Twitter, simply writing, “D4 aug-30.”
Weezy had previously promised to deliver Dedication 4 on Aug. 15, but held back in order to give fellow rapper 2 Chainz more time to dominate the charts with his No. 1 album Based On A T.R.U. Story.
“That’s my real, real, real good homeboy right there and I refuse to put any attention on me when the spotlight, everybody’s eyes, everybody’s attention and everybody’s focus should be on my n---- 2 Chainz,” he said during a recent New York show with protege Nicki Minaj.
And though Tunechi hasn’t revealed an official tracklist for his mixtape, Minaj recently confirmed to MTV that she recorded a verse for the release.
“I said, ‘Excuse me, I need to be on that mixtape,’ and he said, ‘Aight, whatever you wanna do,’” Minaj said. “So I just went into the other room and recorded on this particular beat that I’m sure my fans are gonna be very happy that I touched. I’m really excited for the kids to hear.”
While Cash Money collaborations are common, it is not yet known whether fellow Weezy protégé, Drake, will also appear on the album. The Degrassi alum recently made headlines for a bar brawl with Chris Brown, for which they have both been sued, but it appears Drake’s boss had a lighthearted reaction to the news.
“Honestly, I laughed at him,” Wayne told MTV, struggling to control his giggles during the response.“I can’t front, I just laughed at them… like, it’s funny to me. I thank God I ain’t going through it though, I’ve already been through too much.”
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)