Lil Wayne Says He's 'an Epileptic,' Blames Seizure Scare on Stress
Says the rapper: "I could've died."
In his first interview since his life-threatening seizure scare, Lil Wayne says he is epileptic and blames his health issues on stress.
"The bad news is I'm an epileptic. I'm prone to seizures," he tells radio's Power 108 (via Rap-Up.com). "This isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures, ya’ll just never hear about them. But this time it got real bad ’cause I had three of them in a row and on the third one, my heart rate went down to like 30 percent. Basically, I could’ve died, so that is why it was so serious."
Last week, the 30-year-old rapper was released from Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai hospital after several days of treatment that included a stay in the intensive car unit. Reports surfaced that he was near death after suffering from seizures and speculation also grew that his ailment was the result of a “sizzurp binge"-fueled codeine overdose.
But Lil Wayne insists "the reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest, overworking myself. That’s just typical me though."
Meanwhile, he's apparently Zen about the breathless media coverage that he had been on his deathbed. Referring specifically to TMZ, he observes: "That’s what they do. I can’t be upset at that. I get upset at my kids when they do things that I tell them not to do. I can’t be upset at TMZ for doing what they do. They gon’ probably come out tomorrow and say something else about somebody else that ain’t true."
The rapper's 10th studio album, I Am Not A Human Being II drops March 26, on Cash Money Records. This summer, he embarks on his America’s Most Wanted Music Festival tour alongside T.I. and Future.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Brooks Wheelan on His Post-SNL Plans, Returning to a Days Inn Budget, and Taking Comedians Camping
- A Most Wanted Man Is an Unshapely Movie That Showcases Philip Seymour Hoffman at His Peak
- Seinfeld Might Come to Netflix
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Fainting Spell and Morgan Freeman's Helium Balloon Voice (VIDEO)
- The 10 Most Important 'Interstellar' Mysteries Revealed at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer: Back To the Hilariously Outrageous Future (VIDEO)
- There's Still Hope For an 'X-Files' Reboot