Lily Allen Names New Album 'Sheezus'
The British singer's third studio effort is due out in late spring or early summer.
Move over, Kanye: Lily Allen is putting her personal spin on the rapper's last album title, and naming her third album Sheezus.
According to Glamour UK, Allen confirmed the title on an episode of The Graham Norton Show, on which she'll perform her new song "Air Balloon" on Friday, Feb. 21. Sheezus is expected to arrive in late spring/early summer, roughly one year after Kanye West released his sixth album, Yeezus, last June.
"It's a confident title choice -- and a little nod to Kanye," Allen reportedly says in the soon-to-air interview.
Allen made her musical return late last year with the scathing satire "Hard Out Here," and then released a music video for new single "Air Balloon" earlier this month. The U.K. singer also contributed the song "L8 CMMR" to the Girls Vol. 2 soundtrack.
This article first appeared on billboard.com.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama