Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst Teases New Song With Lil Wayne
The rocker and the rapper are collaborating on the track "Ready to Go," a production of Cash Money Records.
Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst is eagerly wrapping up his new collaboration with Lil Wayne on a song dubbed "Ready to Go." It's the band's debut track with Cash Money Records after signing with the label this year.
"I want to get it out there soon, as soon as we can," Durst said in an interview with Billboard.com. "The song is already done for the most part. I've got a couple little things I might poke around or punch in on my verse. And I want their guys to take a crack at the mix. I mixed it myself; I think it sounds very big, but I really love the way their guys are mixing stuff, so I want to see what they can do with it."
Durst recently ended his 17-year professional relationship with Interscope chief Jimmy Iovine to forge a new deal with Cash Money. The company, co-founded by siblings Bryan "Birdman" Williams and Ronald "Slim" Williams, is an arm of Universal Music Group.
"I love Jimmy Iovine and everything we did together," Durst said. "We had a great run ... and couldn't have done it without them. But to keep moving forward, sometimes you've got to make some changes."
His new strategy hinges on breaking out singles with Cash Money while feeding his core audience of heavy metal fans on his upcoming album, The Unquestionable Truth, Part 2, which the frontman described as "the heaviest, most crazy metal record of all time."
"This (deal) has enabled me to make my rock music in a hip-hop fashion," said Durst. "I"m going to get with the producers, get with the people in the Cash Money camp, go wherever I need to go -- Miami, Atlanta. You just come in and you're there and you give it 110 percent for 12 hours, 24, 36 hours and you leave with a song. That's the vibe. You go in and walk out with a monster and keep moving forward song after song."
Limp Bizkit reunited with guitarist Wes Borland for its sixth album, 2011's Gold Cobra, which peaked at No. 16 on the Billboard 200. The band has sold 33 million album worldwide since forming in 1994.
Cash Money, meawhile, had a mega-successful 2011 with multi-platinum releases by Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and Drake.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- This 'Insidious: Chapter 3' First Look Takes Us Back In (Terrifying) Time (PHOTO)
- Reese Witherspoon in Two French-Canadian Toronto Film Festival Movies
- Sandra Bullock's Next Movie Will Tell the Tale of Tupperware Parties
- Ethan Hawke Is One Cool Time Traveling Crime Fighter In the 'Predestination' Trailer (VIDEO)
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!