Linkin Park, Offspring Headline Concert Benefiting Typhoon Haiyan Victims
"Concert for the Phillippines" is an initiative of Music For Relief, a disaster aid charity founded by members of Linkin Park.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Linkin Park and the Offspring are teaming for a fundraiser in L.A. early next year to benefit victims of the Philippines’ Typhoon Haiyan.
The alternative rock groups will play the "Concert for the Philippines" at Club Nokia on Jan. 11, with more guests to be announced in the weeks ahead.
The benefit gig is an initiative of Music For Relief, a disaster aid charity founded by members of Linkin Park. The not-for-profit organization has raised more than $5 million for good causes since its inception in 2005.
According to organizers of the Club Nokia show, 500 tickets will be available to fans who donate or raise at least $250 for Music for Relief’s typhoon relief effort at www.musicforrelief.org. The first 300 people who reach the $250 goal are guaranteed tickets in the general admission pit closest to the stage, and the top 75 fundraisers will get “special perks,” such as meet-and-greets with the bands, VIP reserved seating, a VIP pre-party, parking and commemorative merchandise items.
The music business has rallied behind the millions impacted by the Asian super-storm, which killed thousands and displaced many more. A slew of superstar artists have contributed tracks for the "Songs for the Philippines" fundraising album, while the iTunes store is taking donations for the American Red Cross.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014
- Everything Revealed About the 'Goosebumps' Movie at Comic-Con 2014