Lorde, Disclosure to Team Up for BRIT Awards Performance
A special performance by the Grammy winner and the U.K. electronic duo is set for Feb. 19 at the O2 in London.
This article first appeared on billboard.com.
Lorde will follow up her dynamic performance of "Royals" at the Grammy Awards -- and her song of the year win with her debut single -- by teaming up with U.K. electronic duo Disclosure for a special performance at the upcoming BRIT Awards, set for Feb. 19 at the O2 in London.
The U.K. awards show announced the collaboration on Jan. 27, and Lorde confirmed the pairing on Twitter soon after. "And on to the next," the 17-year-old wrote, nodding to her steady stream of award show appearances.
Lorde is nominated for the International Female Solo Artist at the BRIT Awards, while Disclosure -- who released their acclaimed debut album "Settle" last year -- is nominated for four BRIT Awards, tied for the most nods along with Bastille. "Settle" features collaborations with Sam Smith, Aluna George and London Grammar, and the duo of Guy and Howard Lawrence released a new version of their song "F For You" featuring Mary J. Blige earlier this month.
Along with the Lorde + Disclosure pairing, the BRIT Awards boasts performances from Bruno Mars, Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, Rudimental and Ellie Goulding. Sam Smith has already been awarded the annual Critics' Choice Award.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)