Lou Reed on Liver Transplant: 'I Am a Triumph of Modern Medicine'
The rocker had underwent a serious procedure last month.
Lou Reed says he's feeling better after undergoing a serious liver transplant procedure last month.
"I am a triumph of modern medicine, physics and chemistry," he wrote on his Facebook page. "I am bigger and stronger than stronger than ever. My Chen Taiji and health regimen has served me well all of these years, thanks to Master Ren Guang-yi."
The wife of the 71-year-old ex-Velvet Underground frontman, Laurie Anderson, had recently revealed that her husband underwent a liver transplant in Cleveland, Ohio last month.
"It's as serious as it gets," she told the U.K.'s Times of London paper. "He was dying. You don't get it for fun."
The Transformer rocker had cancelled his appearances as the Coachella Music Festival in April this year. But it appears he's planning on getting back to work soon enough.
"I look forward to being on stage performing, and writing more songs to connect with your hearts and spirits and the universe well into the future," the artist concluded in his Saturday note.
In addition to his mention of the Tai Chi Chuan practitioner in his Facebook post, Reed also has written and performed original music for Master Ren Guang-yi's DVD, Power and Serenity.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About 'Girls,' As Told By Jenni Konner
- Downloading Music Is Quickly Going Out Of Fashion
- Citizenfour Review: Quiet Moments in a Hong Kong Hotel Room as Edward Snowden, Journalists Fight to Save Democracy
- Polyenso's '17 New Years' Just Created Your New Favorite Genre Of Music
- Ryan Gosling Spotted for First Time Since His Baby's Birth!
- Hilary Swank, Ashlee Simpson & Evan Ross Have A Special Evening at Photographer Brian Bowen Smith's Wildlife Show
- Jennifer Lawrence's Umbrella Protects Her from the Sun!
- Evan Rachel Wood Snuggles Up with Katherine Moennig in First Pictures Together!