Lou Reed on Liver Transplant: 'I Am a Triumph of Modern Medicine'
The rocker had underwent a serious procedure last month.
Lou Reed says he's feeling better after undergoing a serious liver transplant procedure last month.
"I am a triumph of modern medicine, physics and chemistry," he wrote on his Facebook page. "I am bigger and stronger than stronger than ever. My Chen Taiji and health regimen has served me well all of these years, thanks to Master Ren Guang-yi."
The wife of the 71-year-old ex-Velvet Underground frontman, Laurie Anderson, had recently revealed that her husband underwent a liver transplant in Cleveland, Ohio last month.
"It's as serious as it gets," she told the U.K.'s Times of London paper. "He was dying. You don't get it for fun."
The Transformer rocker had cancelled his appearances as the Coachella Music Festival in April this year. But it appears he's planning on getting back to work soon enough.
"I look forward to being on stage performing, and writing more songs to connect with your hearts and spirits and the universe well into the future," the artist concluded in his Saturday note.
In addition to his mention of the Tai Chi Chuan practitioner in his Facebook post, Reed also has written and performed original music for Master Ren Guang-yi's DVD, Power and Serenity.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Michael Cera's Giant Basket, Dock Diving Dogs, Lyle Lovett's Horse (VIDEO)
- Emmys 2014: Aaron Paul's Speech Crashes Kind Campaign Site
- Emmys 2014: Watch Billy Crystal's Moving Tribute to Robin Williams (VIDEO)
- Weird Al Yankovic Revamps TV Theme Songs at Emmy Awards — 'Game of Thrones,' You're Welcome (VIDEO)
- Anna Camp & Skylar Astin Are Picture Perfect Duo at HBO's Emmys 2014 After Party
- Malin Akerman Debuts New Short Haircut at HBO's Emmys 2014 After Party - See the Pics Here!
- Kim Kardashian Gets to Showcase Acting Skills on '2 Broke Girls'!
- Jessica Chastain Looks Completely In Love with Boyfriend Gian Luca Passi De Preposulo in NYC!