Lou Reed on Liver Transplant: 'I Am a Triumph of Modern Medicine'
The rocker had underwent a serious procedure last month.
Lou Reed says he's feeling better after undergoing a serious liver transplant procedure last month.
"I am a triumph of modern medicine, physics and chemistry," he wrote on his Facebook page. "I am bigger and stronger than stronger than ever. My Chen Taiji and health regimen has served me well all of these years, thanks to Master Ren Guang-yi."
The wife of the 71-year-old ex-Velvet Underground frontman, Laurie Anderson, had recently revealed that her husband underwent a liver transplant in Cleveland, Ohio last month.
"It's as serious as it gets," she told the U.K.'s Times of London paper. "He was dying. You don't get it for fun."
The Transformer rocker had cancelled his appearances as the Coachella Music Festival in April this year. But it appears he's planning on getting back to work soon enough.
"I look forward to being on stage performing, and writing more songs to connect with your hearts and spirits and the universe well into the future," the artist concluded in his Saturday note.
In addition to his mention of the Tai Chi Chuan practitioner in his Facebook post, Reed also has written and performed original music for Master Ren Guang-yi's DVD, Power and Serenity.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years