The Lumineers to Play 'Saturday Night Live'
The highly coveted booking comes on the heels of two Grammy nominations for the Colorado-based band.
Grammy-nominated band The Lumineers will take the Saturday Night Live stage on Jan. 19. Jennifer Lawrence hosts the show that night.
The highly coveted booking comes on the heels of two Grammy nominations for the Colorado-based band -- their self-titled debut on Dualtone, which has sold almost 700,000 copies, is up for Best Americana Album while the band is also nominated for Best New Artist.
The folk-rock three-piece has seen its hit single “Ho Hey” reach No. 1 at three separate formats -- Triple A, Alternative and Hot AC, a first for a band on an independent label. The song has also sold some 2.4 million tracks.
The Lumineers’ second single, "Stubborn Love," is currently holding the top spot at AAA Radio, as the band gets ready to hit the road for a series of sold-out shows, including two nights at New York’s Terminal 5.
The Grammy Awards are scheduled for Feb. 10 at Los Angeles’ Staples Center and will be broadcast on CBS.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)