The Lumineers to Play 'Saturday Night Live'
The highly coveted booking comes on the heels of two Grammy nominations for the Colorado-based band.
Grammy-nominated band The Lumineers will take the Saturday Night Live stage on Jan. 19. Jennifer Lawrence hosts the show that night.
The highly coveted booking comes on the heels of two Grammy nominations for the Colorado-based band -- their self-titled debut on Dualtone, which has sold almost 700,000 copies, is up for Best Americana Album while the band is also nominated for Best New Artist.
The folk-rock three-piece has seen its hit single “Ho Hey” reach No. 1 at three separate formats -- Triple A, Alternative and Hot AC, a first for a band on an independent label. The song has also sold some 2.4 million tracks.
The Lumineers’ second single, "Stubborn Love," is currently holding the top spot at AAA Radio, as the band gets ready to hit the road for a series of sold-out shows, including two nights at New York’s Terminal 5.
The Grammy Awards are scheduled for Feb. 10 at Los Angeles’ Staples Center and will be broadcast on CBS.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014