Macklemore, Ryan Lewis Sign Faux Record Deal in Funny or Die Clip (Video)
The duo meet with an EKG Records exec, played by Paul Scheer, to discuss a free meal and possible name change.
As of late, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" has been heating up radio and online streams, garnering lots of attention for the duo. Notorious for releasing their music independently since 2000, they sit down for a contract meeting with EKG Records executive Kevin Latshaw, played by Paul Scheer, in a Funny or Die spoof released Wednesday.
"I'm going to take the whole, 'economy is crushing my dreams' shtick ... and let's get you guys in the studio recording party songs about food stamps," says the exec, riding their future venture on the success of shopping in thrift shops with little money. "How about this: We'll ride into all the Hoovervilles playing for all the hobos ... it's like Coachella, but depressing."
Unsurprisingly, Macklemore and Lewis aren't interested in Latshaw's pitch. Cue a fake Billboard cover and a giant check for one free lunch, and somehow a deal is reached. Watch the video below.
The spoof follows a similar parody featuring Odd Future, in which Scheer attempts to sign the infamously independent crew, which was released in 2011.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- 'Big Brother' Winner Dick Donato Reveals He's HIV Positive
- These Awkward Ballerinas Take Dancing To Your Own Beat To A Whole New Level
- Martin Starr: It's 'Difficult To Imagine' 'Silicon Valley' Without Christopher Evan Welch
- Ben McKenzie Wasn't Invited To Adam Brody's Wedding, But The Ryan & Seth Bond Is Real
- Jennifer Lopez Watches Sean 'Diddy' Combs Rave About Her 'Booty' & Compare It to Kim Kardashian's - Watch Now!
- Gerard Butler & His Mystery Brunette Girlfriend Take a Flight Together
- Matt Bomer Goes Shirtless, Channing Tatum & Joe Manganiello Show Off Huge Muscles on 'Magic Mike XXL' Set!
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' is Number 1 on Billboard's All Female Top 5!