Madonna Strips to Reveal Obama Endorsement (Video)
The Material Girl gave a shout out to the president during the latest stop on her "MDNA" tour.
On the night President Obama addressed the nation from Charlotte, Madonna offered her support for the commander-in-chief from the Bronx.
Playing a show at the massive new Yankee Stadium, the pop star took a break from singing (she had just finished "Human Touch," reports the Wall Street Journal) to take off her shirt. While that could be interpreted as its own kind of political statement, it wasn't skin she was showing off -- it was the ink on her back, which spelled out "Obama."
Later in the show, she spoke about how being on tour around the world gave her some perspective.
"It made me realize how lucky I am to be living here in America," she said. "Thank God for Michelle Obama and her good-looking husband too. We are free. Do not, do not, do not take this freedom for granted because if you do for one second, you will lose it."
This is just the latest notable moment on her MDNA tour, which has featured demonstrations of solidarity with the jailed members of the Russian punk band Pussy Riot (which also came with back art), a swastika flap in France, and bare nipples.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!