Madonna Endorses Obama, Says 'We Have a Black Muslim in the White House' (Video)
The Material Girl made a curious case for the president's re-election, praising his policy but invoking a popular smear, as well.
With friends like these...
Madonna has made no secret her support of Barack Obama (see: her back "tattoo") and at her concert in D.C. on Monday, she continued to make clear that she wanted the president to stick around town for another four years. He's probably not all that excited about some of the words she used to make that argument, though.
After depicting Obama as the next chain in a civil rights link that includes Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jr., and praising the current president's civil rights record, she said, "Y'all better vote for f------ Obama, OK? For better or for worse, all right? We have a black Muslim in the White House."
Obama, of course, is black, but not Muslim, despite the efforts of many to connect him with the religion due to his father, who was an atheist but born a Muslim in Kenya. But the queen of pop wasn't saying it to slander Obama, at least, as she added, "Now that's some amazing shit. It means there is hope in this country. And Obama is fighting for gay rights, so support the man, goddamnit."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)