Madonna: Lady Gaga Turned Down an Invitation to Perform With Me
The singer who once called Gaga "reductive" says the snub "builds character."
Mama Monster has declined an invitation to perform with the Material Girl.
It's been a less than stellar year for diva-diva relations, especially between Madonna and Lady Gaga, who have spent the last 12 months trading snipes at one another at various concert stops around the globe.
In her MDMA tour, Madonna includes a snippet of Gaga's "Born This Way" in her rendition of "Respect Yourself" -- a heavy wink at the similarity between the two songs. This after Madonna told an ABC interviewer last January that the Gaga composition sounded both familiar and "reductive."
But at a recent tour stop in St. Paul, Minn., Madonna says she holds no grudges against the next-generation pop star, and had even asked her to join her for a duet, according to The Huffington Post.
"I have the best fans in the whole world. So take that, Lady Gaga!” Madonna told the crowd. “You know, I invited her onstage to sing with me. But, she turned me down. It's okay. I've been rejected before. It builds a little character."
Madonna's last North American tour stop is Nov. 20 in Miami, then she takes off for the South American leg of her tour.
What's Hot In Music
- Dierks Bentley Weighs In On The 'Girl Crush' Country Radio Controversy
- Cookie Lyon of Fox's 'Empire' Sheds Rare Light on Black Women's Incarceration and Reentry
- Ryan Reynolds Spoofs Burt Reynolds In First 'Deadpool' Photo
- What Lindsay From 'Freaks And Geeks' Would Be Up To Today, According to Linda Cardellini
- Sean Hayes & Hubby Lip Sync Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's 'Trouble' - Watch Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Platinum Blonde Hair Looks Amazing on 'Elle France' April 2015 Cover
- Zayn Malik & Fiancee Perrie Edwards Spotted Out Separately After Leaving One Direction
- Carey Mulligan Talks Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese in 'Skylight' Every Night on 'The Tonight Show' - Watch Here!