Man Collapses, Dies After Dancing 'Gangnam Style'
Eamonn Kilbride, a 46-year-old father of three, had been performing the dance moves made famous by South Korean rapper PSY.
A British man died after he collapsed from chest pains that formed following his performance of the dance to the hit song "Gangnam Style."
Eamonn Kilbride, a 46-year-old IT manager, was dancing at his office party in Blackburn, England, performing the horse moves that have earned South Korean rapper PSY worldwide fame and nearly one billion YouTube video views. A father of three children between the ages of 22 and 18, Kilbride was celebrating his wife Julie's birthday at the party.
“He was up onstage and entertaining everybody. He said he had a bit of a pain and just collapsed," she told the Telegraph of London. “He loved me dearly and would tell people all the time. I know he thought the world of us.”
The death has health officials in England warning middle-aged men to monitor their activity and not to overexert themselves. Kilbride's official cause of death was acute heart failure caused by coronary artery atheroma.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)