Marcus Mumford and Oscar Isaac's 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Song Hits Web
Listen to the duo's song from the Coen brothers' folk film soundtrack.
The first song from Inside Llewyn Davis has emerged.
For the upcoming film, the Coen brothers turned their directorial vision toward New York's early 1960s folk scene, prompting an anticipated soundtrack and now, a lead track: Marcus Mumford and Oscar Isaac's take on "Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song)."
The Mumford & Sons frontman and the film's titular star offer a tender, harmonized version of the traditional song, keeping the instrumentation simple and acoustic.
The soundtrack, produced by T Bone Burnett, also features contributions from stars Justin Timberlake and Carey Mulligan, the Punch Brothers, Dave Van Ronk and Bob Dylan, who knows a thing or two about the glory days of Greenwich Village.
Inside Llewyn Davis is due Dec. 20, with the soundtrack set for a Nov. 12 release. The Coens and Burnett will present a live version this Sunday with their "Another Day Another Time" concert, which will cover the film's music and its inspirations and feature performances from Mumford, Jack White, Joan Baez, the Avett Brothers, Colin Meloy and many more.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move