Mariah Carey Announces New Single, Album Release Date (Video)
"You're Mine (Eternal)" is the latest single off the singer's long-delayed studio album, initially due out last July.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Mariah Carey's long-delayed next studio album has a new release date, with a fresh single coming later this week. "You're Mine (Eternal)" is due out Wednesday (Feb. 12), and the follow-up album to 2009's Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel is now due May 6.
Carey unveiled the news via a two-minute teaser video Monday, with footage showing her various career achievements along with some shots of Billboard's very own Hot 100 chart, which she has topped 18 times. That's the most No. 1 Hot 100 singles among solo artists, and is second only to the Beatles, who own 20 No. 1 singles.
Carey's new album was originally due out last July, but the singer delayed the album and then had to recover from a shoulder injury she suffered filming a music video last summer. The album has been previewed by "#Beautiful," her Top 20 hit with Miguel, as well as the track "The Art of Letting Go," which was released November.
The singer's performance at BET Honors 2014, taped at the Warner Theatre in Washington, D.C., will air Feb. 24 in the States.
Watch the teaser below:
What's Hot In Music
- The Letterman Years: Stories From Behind the Scenes of the Show That Changed Comedy Forever
- Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer: At the Very End of the World, Everything Looks Insane
- The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah Is Already in Trouble on Twitter [Updated]
- Ludacris on Ludaversal, Paul Walker, and Reinventing Himself
- 'The Breakfast Club': Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy Look Back 30 Years Later (EXCLUSIVE)
- Don't Mess With Melissa McCarthy in New 'Spy' Trailer
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Recap: Most Couples Sizzle and Few Fizzle on Latin Night
- 'Furious 7' Star Dwayne Johnson on Family, Cheesy Lines, and 'Furious 8' (VIDEO)