Mariah Carey Debuts 'Bring It on Home' for Obama (Video)
The pop diva performed her new presidential tribute following Sarah Jessica's fundraiser in New York City.
Behold this mildly disorienting, horizontally flipped footage of Mariah Carey singing President Obama a new song, just for him, at fundraiser she hosted at New York City's Plaza Hotel on Thursday night.
(No, we were not invited. But, thanks to the magic of YouTube, we have video evidence!)
As you can sort of hear (try not to look, you will get a headache), Carey's new song -- "Bring It on Home" -- is a triumphantly inspirational ballad, in the vein of "Hero." According to reports, she sang that pop hit before debuting her pro-Obama anthem.
"Just finished performing Hero, We Belong Together and BRING IT ON HOME — a song I wrote especially for the event," Carey tweeted, posting a photo of herself in a black ball gown.
Before the Plaza party, President Obama and and First Lady Michelle Obama attended Sarah Jessica Parker's presidential fundraiser at the actress' Manhattan home.
Meryl Streep, Project Runway host Michael Kors, Vogue's Anna Wintour and Bravo's Andy Cohen were among the famous faces in attendance.
Parker introduced Obama at the event, giving him a hug and kiss and saying those in attendance were gathered "hopefully, with enormous enthusiasm." She also called Michelle Obama "radiant and extraordinary" and said she had been doing "amazingly important things these last four years."
Watch Mimi sing "Bring It on Home" below.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014