Marilyn Manson Goes Through LAX Security with 'F--K YOU' Scrawled on Face
The singer was apparently trying to thwart paparazzi by rendering the photos obscene.
No one at Los Angeles International Airport was chanting "the beautiful people, the beautiful people" on Friday when they got a look at a strange apparition standing in the security line: a tall, pale man wearing mirrored sunglasses, a black hat and raincoat, with the words "FUCK YOU" written across his mouth and neck in black ink.
That man was Brian Hugh Warner, better known as Marilyn Manson.
Should you require further explanation -- and you should -- a witness who stood in the same line offered one, via the social news website Reddit.
"I just went through the LAX security line with Marilyn Manson," the witness, who goes by the handle j_patrick_12, writes. "He had 'FUCK' scrawled in large letters across the bottom half of his face, with what appeared to be a grease pencil."
"As we each removed our boots in the security line, he kindly explained that it was not directed at me or anyone else in the airport, but rather at the paparazzi, so that they couldn't sell any photos of him that they took."
"He was really apologetic about it, and covered his mouth around young children while apologizing to their parents for exposing their child to profanity."
The strategy backfired, however, as pictures have begun to pop up of the traveling graffito.
For photographic evidence of Manson's chirographic handiwork, click here.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Booty in Hilarious Made-at-Home Music Video for '7/11'
- Nina Dobrev Celebrates RH Atlanta's Gallery Opening
- Colin Farrell on Set of 'True Detective' Will Get You Pumped Up for the Second Season
- How To Get Away With Murder's Karla Souza & Katie Findlay Celebrate The Golden Globes