Michael Buble Sings in NYC Subway (Video)
The crooner gave an impromptu a cappella performance underground, coinciding with his album release and the introduction of wireless services in the NY subway system.
Michael Buble took to the tiled walls of the 66th Street Lincoln Center subway stop in New York on Thursday for an a cappella version of the Jackson 5's "Who's Lovin' You." Buble was joined by a cappella group Naturally 7 to sing the classic, which is featured on his newly released album To Be Loved.
"Singing in a New York subway is something that has been done for years and years and years, and I feel like it's the most authentic, organic way to make music," Buble said. "You see some of the greatest musicians in the world come down here and play."
The performance coincided with the expansion of wireless cell service in the NYC subway system. As of now, the service is only available in 36 stations, and only to AT&T and T-Mobile customers. According to PCMag.com, however, Verizon and Sprint also have announced that they will participate in the network.
After hearing that news, Buble agreed, "It's about time, too, they got wireless down here."
At the end of the video, after hugging and high-fiving the crowd that gathered, the singer admitted that this was an experience he was looking forward to.
"Out of all the press I had to do, everything that I'm going to do in Europe and America, this was the thing I was most excited about," he said.
Check out the performance below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!