Mike Posner Features Justin Bieber on Second Album, Announces Unplugged Tour
The "Boyfriend" collaborators and Believe tour buddies reunite on a track from Posner's sophomore album, "Pages," which he'll promote with seven acoustic sets.
After traveling from arena to arena as the opening act on Justin Bieber's Believe tour, Mike Posner is going unplugged.
The former Duke University student is following up his 2010 debut of 31 Minutes to Takeoff with seven acoustic shows to promote his sophomore album, Pages, Billboard announced Tuesday. The sets will be similar to how much of his music starts.
"This is going to be a treat for my most loyal fans that have supported me through the years," Posner said. "I've never been able to present my music in this fashion, over just an acoustic guitar or just a piano. It's how most of my music is written, so it's incredibly exciting for me as a performer to get to play these sorts of really small venues. Of course, having toured last year and doing arenas with Justin Bieber, it's fun to do the opposite."
Posner, who co-wrote Bieber's hit "Boyfriend" as well as Labrinth's "Beneath Your Beautiful," features his former collaborators, as well as Big Sean and 2 Chainz, on Pages. Every copy of Pages sold will equal a meal he and his party would serve to a child in need, thanks to a partnership with the Food Bank for New York City. "A lot of my friends who I wrote or produced songs for came back and helped me make Pages. It's better than I ever could have imagined."
For more on Posner's Pages and unplugged tour, head to Billboard.com.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010