Mike Posner Pens Song for Victims of Connecticut Shooting
"Heaven" includes the lyrics: "Maybe this will make sense in heaven / ‘Cause right now it don’t make sense at all."
Mike Posner has released a new song, “Heaven,” which he wrote in response to the school shooting in Sandy Hook, Conn.
The singer, whose 2010 single "Cooler Than Me" reached No. 19 on the Billboard Hot 100, dedicated the tune to the 20 children and six adults who passed away at Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday, noting at the beginning of the track, “To the families of the December 14th tragedy.”
Posner wrote on Twitter, “I wanted to do something for the victims' families. I wrote this song because I didn't know what else to do. Today makes no sense... God has blessed me with this gift and it felt wrong not to share it. I hope this song finds its way to proper ears.”
He added a handwritten note via Instagram that read, “To the victim’s families: I hope this song will help just a tiny, tiny bit to ease the pain of your loss. Maybe this will make sense in heaven.”
In the acoustic number, Posner croons a similar line, “Maybe this will make sense in heaven / ‘Cause right now it don’t make sense at all.”
The song can be streamed and downloaded from free on Posner’s Soundcloud page.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Lucy Hale's 'Pretty Little Liars' Censorship, Stephen Hawking's Whitney Houston Crush (VIDEO)
- Recap of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 Episode 17: Deep Freeze
- Netflix Is Yanking These Movies and Shows on February 1, 2015
- Female 'Ghostbusters' Casts Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, 'SNL' Stars
- Joaquin Phoenix On Awards: 'The Oscars Have Completely Changed My Career for the Better'
- Rita Ora Gets 'Really Distracted' By Handsome 'Voice UK' Contestant!
- 'The Messengers' Star Shantel VanSanten Shows Off Her Rockin' Bikini Bod for 'Maxim' Magazine
- Courteney Cox, Busy Philipps & 'Cougar Town' Crew Celebrate at Series Wrap Party!