Mike Posner Pens Song for Victims of Connecticut Shooting
"Heaven" includes the lyrics: "Maybe this will make sense in heaven / ‘Cause right now it don’t make sense at all."
Mike Posner has released a new song, “Heaven,” which he wrote in response to the school shooting in Sandy Hook, Conn.
The singer, whose 2010 single "Cooler Than Me" reached No. 19 on the Billboard Hot 100, dedicated the tune to the 20 children and six adults who passed away at Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday, noting at the beginning of the track, “To the families of the December 14th tragedy.”
Posner wrote on Twitter, “I wanted to do something for the victims' families. I wrote this song because I didn't know what else to do. Today makes no sense... God has blessed me with this gift and it felt wrong not to share it. I hope this song finds its way to proper ears.”
He added a handwritten note via Instagram that read, “To the victim’s families: I hope this song will help just a tiny, tiny bit to ease the pain of your loss. Maybe this will make sense in heaven.”
In the acoustic number, Posner croons a similar line, “Maybe this will make sense in heaven / ‘Cause right now it don’t make sense at all.”
The song can be streamed and downloaded from free on Posner’s Soundcloud page.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding