Miley Cyrus Announces 2014 Tour on 'SNL'
This singer appeared during host Edward Norton's opening monologue.
Miley Cyrus may have hosted Saturday Night Live earlier this month, but that didn't stop her from returning to the show Saturday night (Oct. 26) -- and this time, she had a big announcement for her fans.
Cyrus appeared during host Edward Norton's opening monologue to reveal what her fans have been waiting for: a new tour.
She made the announcement directly to her fans that a tour would be coming before dispensing advice to first-time SNL host Norton on what to do during the gig. First, she said, don't have fun. Second, keep your energy up. Third, stick your tongue out.
According to a tweet from Cyrus minutes later, the tour will start in 2014, though the exact dates and locations have not yet been released. When visiting the singer's website, an invitation for her mailing list pops up, with an assurance that more details about the tour will be released soon.
The singer later appeared in the episode again, twerking in a cameo of a sketch parodying the new film 12 Years a Slave.
Cyrus appeared on SNL earlier this month as host and musical guest ahead of her chart-topping album Bangerz, performing "Wrecking Ball" and "We Can't Stop" while parodying the government shutdown.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama