Miley Cyrus Cancels Charlotte Concert After Coming Down With Flu
The pop star had to pull out of her Monday night show at the last minute, and the "Bangerz" tour stop will not be rescheduled.
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Sorry, Charlotte. Miley Cyrus was forced to cancel her scheduled concert in North Carolina's largest city on Monday night after coming down with a virus.
"Cyrus has been diagnosed with the flu and doctors have ordered her to rest," Live Nation said in a press release. A notice was posted at Time Warner Cable Arena a half hour before for the show was set to start. It said refunds would be available but that the Bangerz tour stop would not be rescheduled.
Early Monday, Cyrus laid the groundwork for the cancelation by saying she was in "excruciating pain" on Twitter, though she has not commented further.
The news comes less than a week after Cyrus' dog was killed by a coyote.
The singer's young fans were understandably upset by the news. One 16-year-old fan told the Charlotte Observer that she'd invested a lot of money to be there. "On the signs, it said 'refunds available,' but where’s the refund for my outfit that I bought, or for my nails or the gas or hotel?" she asked.
Live Nation said Cyrus' concert at Raleigh's PNC Arena on Tuesday will go on as planned.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Sandra Bullock Celebrates Her 50th Birthday At Cowboy Bar In Wyoming
- Chadwick Boseman On James Brown: 'There Is A Certain Amount Of Cutthroat-ness To Him'
- Sharon Stone On Surviving Her Brain Aneurysm: 'I Was Burned To The Ground' (VIDEO)
- George R.R. Martin Says 'South Park' Got One Major Thing Wrong
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Trailer Teases The Coming War
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Trailer Suggests That Playtime Is Over (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014