Miley Cyrus Named MTV's Best Artist of the Year
The pop singer's duet with Robin Thicke at this year's MTV VMAs was one of the year's most talked about performances.
NEW YORK – Here's something to wag a tongue at: MTV says Miley Cyrus is the best artist of the year.
The former child star twerked her way to the top. Her eye-popping duet with Robin Thicke at the MTV Video Music Awards was one of the year's most talked about cultural events.
MTV said Monday the VMA duet on "We Can't Stop" and "Blurred Lines" was the year's most watched video on MTV websites. Similarly, the MTV artist site devoted to Cyrus had more visits than any other artist's.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical
- Here's the 'Green Inferno' Trailer You've Been Waiting For (EXCLUSIVE)
- The Final 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Trailer Is Jam-Packed With Mutants (VIDEO)
- 'A Haunted House 2' Preview: Don't Sneak Up on Marlon Wayans (EXCLUSIVE)
- Move Over Johnny Depp, Here Are 11 Movie Stars Who Already Own the Internet