Miley Cyrus Named MTV's Best Artist of the Year
The pop singer's duet with Robin Thicke at this year's MTV VMAs was one of the year's most talked about performances.
NEW YORK – Here's something to wag a tongue at: MTV says Miley Cyrus is the best artist of the year.
The former child star twerked her way to the top. Her eye-popping duet with Robin Thicke at the MTV Video Music Awards was one of the year's most talked about cultural events.
MTV said Monday the VMA duet on "We Can't Stop" and "Blurred Lines" was the year's most watched video on MTV websites. Similarly, the MTV artist site devoted to Cyrus had more visits than any other artist's.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg
- Check Out the Real-Life Better Call Saul Billboard
- Everything We Know About the Production of Game of Thrones Season 5
- The Real Housewives of New York City Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Drescher Threw Her Leg
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits