Miley Cyrus Named MTV's Best Artist of the Year
The pop singer's duet with Robin Thicke at this year's MTV VMAs was one of the year's most talked about performances.
NEW YORK – Here's something to wag a tongue at: MTV says Miley Cyrus is the best artist of the year.
The former child star twerked her way to the top. Her eye-popping duet with Robin Thicke at the MTV Video Music Awards was one of the year's most talked about cultural events.
MTV said Monday the VMA duet on "We Can't Stop" and "Blurred Lines" was the year's most watched video on MTV websites. Similarly, the MTV artist site devoted to Cyrus had more visits than any other artist's.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- INTERVIEW: Chloë Grace Moretz, Liana Liberato, and Gayle Forman on If I Stay
- Dead Daisies and Beyond: Chats with Dizzy Reed, The Verve Pipe's Brian Vander Ark, Jean-Luc Ponty and Uriah Heep's Mick Box
- The Ever Changing Face of the Music Industry
- Michael Egan Can't Find A Lawyer In Case Against Bryan Singer
- New 'Walking Dead' Teaser Features Screaming, Uncertainty, and...Gas Masks? (VIDEO)
- 13 WTF Moments In MTV VMAs History (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Dressed as Star-Lord for a Visit to a Children's Hospital, Melting Our Hearts in the Process
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Comic-Book Sequel