Miley Cyrus Reveals Album Title on Twitter
The pop star reached 13 million followers when she tweeted the all-caps name of her upcoming release, set to include her controversial single "We Can't Stop."
Miley Cyrus' fourth studio album finally has a title: BANGERZ.
The gloriously misspelled, unapologetically all-caps title was revealed on Twitter on Tuesday, when the pop star reached 13 million followers on the platform. "13 million #BANGERZ," Cyrus posted on Twitter.
She added, "If you don't know why my record is called BANGERZ you'll know as soon as you hear it. Nothin but #BANGERZ."
The follow-up to 2010's Can't Be Tamed, and Cyrus' first album for RCA Records, has been led by the boisterous single "We Can't Stop," which has peaked at No. 2 on the Hot 100 chart and has sold 1.5 million downloads to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The music video for "We Can't Stop" recently set a VEVO record by reaching 100 million views in 37 days on the platform.
BANGERZ will feature collaborations with Mike WiLL Made-It, Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, Future and Pharrell Williams, among others. The album does not yet have a release date, but is due out later this year.
When can we officially begin the campaign for Cyrus' fifth album to be called "MASH"?
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty