Miley Cyrus Reveals Album Title on Twitter
The pop star reached 13 million followers when she tweeted the all-caps name of her upcoming release, set to include her controversial single "We Can't Stop."
Miley Cyrus' fourth studio album finally has a title: BANGERZ.
The gloriously misspelled, unapologetically all-caps title was revealed on Twitter on Tuesday, when the pop star reached 13 million followers on the platform. "13 million #BANGERZ," Cyrus posted on Twitter.
She added, "If you don't know why my record is called BANGERZ you'll know as soon as you hear it. Nothin but #BANGERZ."
The follow-up to 2010's Can't Be Tamed, and Cyrus' first album for RCA Records, has been led by the boisterous single "We Can't Stop," which has peaked at No. 2 on the Hot 100 chart and has sold 1.5 million downloads to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The music video for "We Can't Stop" recently set a VEVO record by reaching 100 million views in 37 days on the platform.
BANGERZ will feature collaborations with Mike WiLL Made-It, Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, Future and Pharrell Williams, among others. The album does not yet have a release date, but is due out later this year.
When can we officially begin the campaign for Cyrus' fifth album to be called "MASH"?
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Taylor Swift's New Album and Neil Patrick Harris' Nude Scene (VIDEO)
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)
- Courtney Love Books Another TV Gig, Will Recur on 'Empire'
- Sorry, 'Twilight' Fans: Kristen Stewart Is Taking a Break From Acting
- Demi Moore & Kourtney Kardashian Step Out for Photographer Brian Bowen Smith's Wildlife Show
- Matthew Broderick Reunites with Broadway's Kelli O'Hara at Seth Rudetsky's Book Launch
- Emma Stone Found Inspiration From Natasha Richardson for 'Cabaret'
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale Are a Hot 'City of Hope' Couple