Miley Cyrus Unveils 'Bangerz' Album Cover
The singer is also scheduled to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday.
Miley Cyrus invokes classic '80s album cover elements for the just revealed cover of her upcoming release Bangerz. The "We Can't Stop" singer tweeted the Bangerz album cover Saturday night (August 24), with the note "you know the vintage YSL don't stay on for long."
Cyrus also Instagramed a picture of the Bangerz cover sitting in what appears to be her seat at Brooklyn's Barclays Center where the MTV Video Music Awards are set to take place Sunday night (August 25). She is scheduled to perform.
The Bangerz cover features Miley in red lipstick and a black ensemble set atop a peach-to-purple background reminiscent of '80s TV staple Miami Vice over which snapshots of palm trees are lit up by a neon sign reading Bangerz. The album is set to arrive on October 8.
The word "Bangerz" became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter after she tweeted the image.
Bangerz single "We Can't Stop" is currently No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!