Miley Cyrus Unveils 'Bangerz' Album Cover
The singer is also scheduled to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday.
Miley Cyrus invokes classic '80s album cover elements for the just revealed cover of her upcoming release Bangerz. The "We Can't Stop" singer tweeted the Bangerz album cover Saturday night (August 24), with the note "you know the vintage YSL don't stay on for long."
Cyrus also Instagramed a picture of the Bangerz cover sitting in what appears to be her seat at Brooklyn's Barclays Center where the MTV Video Music Awards are set to take place Sunday night (August 25). She is scheduled to perform.
The Bangerz cover features Miley in red lipstick and a black ensemble set atop a peach-to-purple background reminiscent of '80s TV staple Miami Vice over which snapshots of palm trees are lit up by a neon sign reading Bangerz. The album is set to arrive on October 8.
The word "Bangerz" became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter after she tweeted the image.
Bangerz single "We Can't Stop" is currently No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- David Foster Wallace's Family Doesn't Support the Jason Segel-Starring Biopic 'End of the Tour'
- George Lucas 'Is a Consultant' on 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' Says Disney Chief
- Actor Daniel Franzese Writes Amazing, 'Mean Girls'-Themed Coming Out Letter
- Tina Fey & Amy Poehler's 'The Nest' Has Some Stiff Competition