Miley Cyrus Unveils 'Bangerz' Album Cover
The singer is also scheduled to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday.
Miley Cyrus invokes classic '80s album cover elements for the just revealed cover of her upcoming release Bangerz. The "We Can't Stop" singer tweeted the Bangerz album cover Saturday night (August 24), with the note "you know the vintage YSL don't stay on for long."
Cyrus also Instagramed a picture of the Bangerz cover sitting in what appears to be her seat at Brooklyn's Barclays Center where the MTV Video Music Awards are set to take place Sunday night (August 25). She is scheduled to perform.
The Bangerz cover features Miley in red lipstick and a black ensemble set atop a peach-to-purple background reminiscent of '80s TV staple Miami Vice over which snapshots of palm trees are lit up by a neon sign reading Bangerz. The album is set to arrive on October 8.
The word "Bangerz" became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter after she tweeted the image.
Bangerz single "We Can't Stop" is currently No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)