Miley Cyrus Unveils 'Bangerz' Album Cover
The singer is also scheduled to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday.
Miley Cyrus invokes classic '80s album cover elements for the just revealed cover of her upcoming release Bangerz. The "We Can't Stop" singer tweeted the Bangerz album cover Saturday night (August 24), with the note "you know the vintage YSL don't stay on for long."
Cyrus also Instagramed a picture of the Bangerz cover sitting in what appears to be her seat at Brooklyn's Barclays Center where the MTV Video Music Awards are set to take place Sunday night (August 25). She is scheduled to perform.
The Bangerz cover features Miley in red lipstick and a black ensemble set atop a peach-to-purple background reminiscent of '80s TV staple Miami Vice over which snapshots of palm trees are lit up by a neon sign reading Bangerz. The album is set to arrive on October 8.
The word "Bangerz" became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter after she tweeted the image.
Bangerz single "We Can't Stop" is currently No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years