Missy Elliott to Perform at K-Pop Conference
The veteran MC will likely debut a collaboration with Korean superstar G-Dragon at Los Angeles convention KCON 2013.
Missy Elliott is getting into K-pop, too. The hip-hop veteran has been announced as an additional artist for KCON 2013, the Los Angeles K-pop convention that will host artist meet-and-greets, panels and a concert with six top Korean acts. Elliott's performance will be filmed as part of the concert for South Korean music chart show M COUNTDOWN on Aug. 25.
Elliott will likely join previously announced act G-Dragon, leader of popular boy band BIGBANG. In June, the K-pop star's label announced that the MC would feature on G-Dragon's upcoming album, out this month.
The last time fans heard from G-Dragon was with a new song was in April titled "GO," released to celebrate his 2013 tour. Watch the video below.
Elliott joins a lineup that consists of K-pop boy bands (TEEN TOP, EXO, 2AM), girl groups (f(x)) and South Korean hip-hop icons Dynamic Duo.
The two-day fest runs from Aug. 24 to 25. Ticket prices range from $60 to $300 VIP packages. They can be purchased at KCON's website.
Billboard's K-Town columnist Jeff Benjamin will speak on KCON panel "Spreading the Goodness of K-Pop! Top Bloggers & Journalists" on Sunday, August 25.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Pierce Brosnan Fails at 'GoldenEye 007,' Chloe Grace Moretz Fakes Cello (VIDEO)
- Let's Rank the 'Saved By the Bell' Very Special Episodes (VIDEO)
- Julianne Hough May Return to 'Dancing With the Stars'... as a Judge
- The East Hill Mall's Back-to-School Commercial Goes Viral for All the Wrong Reasons (VIDEO)
- 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters of Sex' Renewed for Third Seasons By Showtime!
- Iggy Azalea & Nick Young Have a Dinner Date After Her Hilarious Interview with James Franco! (Video)
- Emma Stone To Make Broadway Debut in 'Cabaret'!
- Former President George W. Bush Takes Ice Bucket Challenge, Nominates Former President Bill Clinton!