Morrissey Cancels More South American Tour Dates, Airs Frustrations
The musician has dealt with several setbacks with scheduled appearances this year.
The remainder of Morrissey's South American dates have been canceled, the musician has announced via the blog True To You.
"I am informed today that the projected tour of South America is snuffed out, thus euthanized - due, I'm reliably advised, to lack of funding. It's quite easy to sell tickets, yet impossible to transport band and crew from F to G," he wrote.
The former Smiths frontman has had to pen many such apologies this year, canceling dates due to medical issues ranging from Barrett's Esophogus to food poisoning, which caused him to cut several initial South American dates.
"The future is suddenly absent, and my apologies are now so frequent as to be somewhat ridiculous," he continued. "But the collapse of South America rings the curtain down with a colossal thud, and the major problems remain as insoluble now as they were in 2009. The obvious conclusion stares back at me from the mirror, and the wheels are finally off the covered wagon. Cancellations and illness have sucked the life out of all of us, and the only sensible solution seems to be the art of doing nothing."
2009 was the release date of his most recent album, Years of Refusal. He has publicly lamented his unsuccessful hunt for another major label deal since then. News of his still-unpublished memoirs has also been scarce lately, though fans will see more of him soon: concert film Morrissey 25: Live at Hollywood High is expected in theaters in August.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- How Will 'Sons of Anarchy' End? Even Showrunner Kurt Sutter Isn't Sure
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages