Morrissey Slams Thanksgiving
The former Smiths frontman bashes the American turkey feast writing, "Please ignore the abysmal example set by President Obama who, in the name of Thanksgiving, supports torture as 45 million birds are horrifically abused; dragged through electrified stun baths, and then have their throats slit."
Morrissey doesn't care much for Thanksgiving.
The British artist, animal-rights activist and staunch vegetarian has slammed the traditional American turkey feast. And he had a few choice words for President Obama.
Morrissey serves up a tasty rant on his True to You fanzine, under the title "Thankskilling."
The singer, who with his former band The Smiths released an album in 1985 called Meat Is Murder, writes: "Please ignore the abysmal example set by President Obama who, in the name of Thanksgiving, supports torture as 45 million birds are horrifically abused; dragged through electrified stun baths and then have their throats slit. And President Obama laughs. Haha, so funny!"
He continues, "As Ingrid Newkirk from PETA points out, turkey 'meat' is one of our 'nation's top killers,' causing heart-attacks and strokes in humans due to saturated animal fats and cholesterol. And President Obama laughs.
"Further, the meat industry is responsible for 51 percent of human-caused greenhouse-gas emission, therefore the embarrassingly stupid White House 'turkey pardon' is open support for a viciously cruel and environmentally irresponsible industry. And President Obama laughs."
Clearly, Morrissey has put his recent health issues well behind him.
This story first appeared on billboard.com.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration