Morrissey Slams Thanksgiving
The former Smiths frontman bashes the American turkey feast writing, "Please ignore the abysmal example set by President Obama who, in the name of Thanksgiving, supports torture as 45 million birds are horrifically abused; dragged through electrified stun baths, and then have their throats slit."
Morrissey doesn't care much for Thanksgiving.
The British artist, animal-rights activist and staunch vegetarian has slammed the traditional American turkey feast. And he had a few choice words for President Obama.
Morrissey serves up a tasty rant on his True to You fanzine, under the title "Thankskilling."
The singer, who with his former band The Smiths released an album in 1985 called Meat Is Murder, writes: "Please ignore the abysmal example set by President Obama who, in the name of Thanksgiving, supports torture as 45 million birds are horrifically abused; dragged through electrified stun baths and then have their throats slit. And President Obama laughs. Haha, so funny!"
He continues, "As Ingrid Newkirk from PETA points out, turkey 'meat' is one of our 'nation's top killers,' causing heart-attacks and strokes in humans due to saturated animal fats and cholesterol. And President Obama laughs.
"Further, the meat industry is responsible for 51 percent of human-caused greenhouse-gas emission, therefore the embarrassingly stupid White House 'turkey pardon' is open support for a viciously cruel and environmentally irresponsible industry. And President Obama laughs."
Clearly, Morrissey has put his recent health issues well behind him.
This story first appeared on billboard.com.
What's Hot In Music
- Before 'Game Of Thrones,' Pedro Pascal Was Getting His Ass Kicked On 'Buffy'
- Drew Barrymore Adds Fragrances To Flower Beauty Collection Making Us All Smell Better
- Guy Covers Every Single Part Of 'Prince Ali' From 'Aladdin'
- The Dumbest But Also Greatest Lyrics From Destiny's Child's 'Writings On The Wall'
- Orange Is the New Black’s Barbara Rosenblat on Playing Miss Rosa and Being ‘the Meryl Streep of Audiobooks’
- Why Are Movies the Only Kind of Entertainment We Still Have to Wait Around For?
- 7 Times Vin Diesel Gave a Wooden Performance (Before He Played a Tree in Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Chris Messina Is a Huge Cheater in This New Sam Smith Video
- Dave Bautista, Drax in 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' on His Makeup and Fave Scene (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Facts: 17 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Guardians' Star
- Best of Late Night TV: Julia Roberts' Face Balls and Chris Pratt's Taxidermy (VIDEO)
- The 'Kingdom' Trailer Takes Mixed Martial Arts to the Next Level (VIDEO)
- Cate Blanchett Desperately Wanted to Play a Dwarf & Wear a Beard
- Katy Perry Sang for the President & First Lady Last Night at the White House!
- Kerry Washington & Jimmy Kimmel Bond Over Their Newborn Baby Girls!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Opens Huge, Scores Biggest Thursday Evening Opening of the Year!