Morrissey Takes Another Shot at Margaret Thatcher, U.K. Press
"She simply did not give a shit about people," wrote the ex-Smiths frontman.
Morrissey isn't finished talking about Margaret Thatcher.
After the death of the former prime minister, the ex-Smiths frontman submitted blistering comments to The Daily Beast in which he deemed Thatcher "a terror without an atom of humanity."
"The difficulty with giving a comment on Margaret Thatcher's death to the British tabloids is that, no matter how calmly and measuredly you speak, the comment must be reported as an 'outburst' or an 'explosive attack' if your view is not pro-establishment," he wrote.
He added that Thatcher's legacy was being protected by the press.
"She simply did not give a shit about people, and this coarseness has been neatly transformed into bravery by the British press who are attempting to rewrite history in order to protect patriotism," wrote the singer.
Morrissey recently canceled all 22 of his remaining North American tour dates, citing health issues.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park