MTV VMAs: Ariana Grande Tapped as First Performer
The 21-year-old singer will perform her new single, "Break Free," at the Aug. 24 ceremony.
Ariana Grande is heading to the MTV Video Music Awards.
The 21-year-old singer will perform at this year's awards ceremony Sunday, Aug. 24, at Inglewood, Calif.'s recently renovated venue The Forum, it was announced during Wednesday's Total Ariana Live special.
Grande will perform her new single, "Break Free," the Zedd-produced track off her upcoming sophomore album, My Everything, which hits stores Aug 25, one day after the VMAs. This will be her first time on the VMA stage.
"I'm so excited to perform 'Break Free' at the 2014 VMAs,” said Grande. “I can't wait for my loves to see what we've been working on."
Last year's VMAs, held at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, drew 10.1 million viewers, a 66 percent jump from 2012.
Jesse Ignjatovic, Amy Doyle, Garrett English and Dave Sirulnick are executive producers. Joanna Bomberg, Jen Jones and Lee Lodge are co-executive producers. Hamish Hamilton is director.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)