MTV VMAs: Ariana Grande Tapped as First Performer
The 21-year-old singer will perform her new single, "Break Free," at the Aug. 24 ceremony.
Ariana Grande is heading to the MTV Video Music Awards.
The 21-year-old singer will perform at this year's awards ceremony Sunday, Aug. 24, at Inglewood, Calif.'s recently renovated venue The Forum, it was announced during Wednesday's Total Ariana Live special.
Grande will perform her new single, "Break Free," the Zedd-produced track off her upcoming sophomore album, My Everything, which hits stores Aug 25, one day after the VMAs. This will be her first time on the VMA stage.
"I'm so excited to perform 'Break Free' at the 2014 VMAs,” said Grande. “I can't wait for my loves to see what we've been working on."
Last year's VMAs, held at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, drew 10.1 million viewers, a 66 percent jump from 2012.
Jesse Ignjatovic, Amy Doyle, Garrett English and Dave Sirulnick are executive producers. Joanna Bomberg, Jen Jones and Lee Lodge are co-executive producers. Hamish Hamilton is director.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag