MTV Video Music Awards 2012: Kevin Hart on Preventing a Kanye West Outburst (Video)
The show's host reveals his Kanye contingency plan.
Who can forget the infamous Kanye West interruption at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards when country star Taylor Swift had to bask in the glory of Beyonce rather than her own Best Female Video victory for "You Belong With Me?"
Or how about two years earlier, when the rapper expressed his frustration after losing all the awards he was nominated for, vowing never to return to the VMAs and directing much of his anger at Britney Spears. And then there was 2004, when West left the Shrine Auditorium in a huff after losing Best New Artist to Gretchen Wilson.
By this point, there must be an insurance policy TV networks can take out to cover the ever unpredictable West outburst. As for VMAs host Kevin Hart? The 'Ye pal has his own Kanye contingency plan, which he outlined for The Hollywood Reporter in a pre-show chat.
Watch the video below:
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- R&B Star Estelle on Industry Pressure: 'I'm No More Grace Jones Than I Am Norah Jones'
- 60-Year-Old Given Chance To Live Out His Dreams Completely Owns The Stage
- No Cameras Allowed: How Sneaking Into Coachella Led to Career as One of the Most Desired Photographers in Music
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Rips Off His Shirt In Europe's Strongest Man Competition
- Zoe Saldana Can't Do the Ice Bucket Challenge Because of Her Pregnancy, So Hubby Marco Perego Steps In (Video)
- Dita Von Teese on Body Insecurities: I Replace Negative Thoughts & Never Point Out 'Flaws'
- Diane Kruger's Hot Pink Sneakers Capture Our Attention!
- Alexander Ludwig 'Stands Tall' for JJ Spotlight! (Behind the Scenes Photos)