MTV Video Music Awards 2012: Kevin Hart on Preventing a Kanye West Outburst (Video)
The show's host reveals his Kanye contingency plan.
Who can forget the infamous Kanye West interruption at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards when country star Taylor Swift had to bask in the glory of Beyonce rather than her own Best Female Video victory for "You Belong With Me?"
Or how about two years earlier, when the rapper expressed his frustration after losing all the awards he was nominated for, vowing never to return to the VMAs and directing much of his anger at Britney Spears. And then there was 2004, when West left the Shrine Auditorium in a huff after losing Best New Artist to Gretchen Wilson.
By this point, there must be an insurance policy TV networks can take out to cover the ever unpredictable West outburst. As for VMAs host Kevin Hart? The 'Ye pal has his own Kanye contingency plan, which he outlined for The Hollywood Reporter in a pre-show chat.
Watch the video below:
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch