MTV VMAs' Night of Reunions: Danity Kane Announces Comeback
The "Making The Band" girl group is back to making music on their own terms.
'N Sync wasn’t the only big reunion of the evening at the 2013 Video Music Awards, as Danity Kane took to the red carpet with a big message: "We’re back."
And what better way to make that announcement than at the place that started it all for the Making The Band girl group.
“This is our birth place,” said Dawn Richard outside the Barclays Center in Brooklyn Sunday night. “Our first carpet was at the Video Music Awards when we started as Danity Kane and then our last carpet was at the VMAs. And now we’re here for a comeback.”
Leader Aubrey O’ Day said the group has been working on new music and can’t wait to unveil their new single, “Rage,” “very soon.” The record, slated for the fall, is being crafted without the help of P. Diddy.
The reunited act, including Richard, O’Day, Aundra Fimbres and Shannon Bex, debuted a more “mature” look on the carpet, according to O’Day.
“We wanted to show our growth and maturity,” she said. “The VMAs are the place to be yourself, and we are here as mature and elegant women. We wanted to show everyone the casual look, but how we do casual.”
Although the reunion was a happy occasion and cause for celebration, it did not include original member D. Wood, who released a statement explaining her absence from the project.
“Much love to the ladies of DK!! They have decided to reunite and I, like our amazing fans, will be cheering them on,” she wrote. “ For the past couple of years, myself and the other DK members have been working on other projects individually, such as music, film, television, theater and philanthropy and I have recently signed on to several projects that will have me committed for the next year. My latest single “Gold Mine” is now available everywhere! If the opportunity presents itself, I would definitely be open to recording and/or performing with Danity Kane again. I appreciate all the love and support of DK and myself. God bless!”
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Director James Wan Will Return for 'The Conjuring 2,' May Helm DC Superhero Flick
- 'John Wick' Review: 10 Reasons You Need to Go See the Movie Yesterday
- Here's the Full Tracklist for Lorde's 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack (PHOTO & AUDIO)
- Keanu Reeves on 'John Wick,' 'Bill & Ted 3,' and That 'Point Break' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- Django Unchained Actress Charged with Lewd Conduct After Allegedly Having Sex with Boyfriend in Her Car (Report)
- Michael Sam Officially Cut From Cowboys Practice Squad, He Will 'Fight For An Opportunity' to Stay in the Game
- Here's a Ranking of the Best & Worst Disney Films of All Time!
- Cobie Smulders Pregnant, Expecting Second Child with Husband Taran Killam!