MTV VMAs: Usher, 5 Seconds of Summer to Perform
They join Ariana Grande on the bill at the Aug. 24 awards ceremony.
Usher and Australian boy band 5 Seconds of Summer are headed to the MTV Video Music Awards.
Both will perform at this year's awards ceremony on Sunday, Aug. 24, airing at 9 p.m. ET/PT, at Inglewood, Calif.'s recently renovated venue The Forum, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Usher, a two-time VMA winner, returns after a three-year absence. The Voice coach previously performed "OMG" and "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love" in 2010 and a mashup of "Confession" and "Yeah" in 2004.
The band 5 Seconds of Summer, consisting of members Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood and Ashton Irwin, will make their VMAs debut. The Australian foursome is currently prepping their July 22 self-titled debut album, which features the singles "She Looks So Perfect" and "Amnesia."
“Can't wait to play the VMAs this year,” the band said in a statement. "It’s a huge honor, and we always love coming over to the States. We can't wait to play on such a big stage!”
They join previously announced Ariana Grande, who also makes her VMAs debut.
Last year's VMAs, held at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, drew 10.1 million television viewers, a 66 percent jump from 2012.
Jesse Ignjatovic, Amy Doyle, Garrett English and Dave Sirulnick are executive producers. Joanna Bomberg, Jen Jones and Lee Lodge are co-executive producers. Hamish Hamilton is director.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Kerry Washington Brings 'Scandal' to Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Sarah Paulson & Renee Zellweger Hang Out at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Jennifer Lawrence Rocks Oscar de la Renta Dress at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration