Mumford & Sons Postpones 3 U.S. Shows as Bassist Undergoes Brain Surgery
Band member Ted Dwane is receiving treatment for a blood clot.
Mumford & Sons bassist Ted Dwane was taken to the hospital Monday to have emergency surgery on a blood clot on the surface of his brain, leading the folk-rock band to postpone three sold-out concerts this week.
The band is rescheduling dates in Texas, Dallas (6/11) and The Woodlands (6/12), as well as a show in New Orleans (6/13). Tickets for those shows will be honored on the new dates, which should be announced soon, Mumford & Sons said in a statement on its website. The band said it did not anticipate having to cancel or postpone any other dates.
Dwane was "feeling unwell for a few days," the band explained, noting that he’s receiving "excellent care."
"We are being assured that he will recover quickly from surgery," Mumford added. "We’re all wishing Ted a speedy recovery."
Mumford & Sons won album of the year at February's Grammys for Babel and is set to play this year's Bonnaroo festival on Saturday.
The British group is also set to perform at the U.K.'s Glastonbury Festival on June 30 and headline Lollapalooza in Chicago later this summer.
After selling 600,000 copies in the U.S. in its first week, Babel spent five nonconsecutive weeks atop the Billboard 200 album chart, the longest run for an album by a duo or group since 2004.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- David Alan Basche Tells Us His 5 Favorite Movies Featuring Sitcom Stars
- 'Saturday Night Live' Adds Leslie Jones to Cast
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!