Ne-Yo Teams With Celine Dion for Duet: 'It Definitely Made Me Question My Vocal Ability'
The track was written by the R&B hitmaker and will be featured on the diva's upcoming album.
R&B songsmith (and No. 10 on THR's Top Hitmakers list) Ne-Yo has announced that he's recently written and worked on a duet with Celine Dion for her forthcoming album.
The duo first worked together on 2007's Taking Chances, with Ne-Yo co-writing and co-producing "I Got Nothin' Left."
Describing the experience as "surreal" to Digital Spy, he said, "The first time I worked for her I wrote a song for her, which in itself was surreal … This time around I actually did a duet with her -- it's her and me on one song, which was a challenge to say the least! I was trying to figure what I was even doing there -- why would they need my voice when they have hers?"
He added, "She wanted to do the song as a duet and I was flattered, but it definitely made me question my vocal ability."
Tentatively titled Water and Flame, Dion's album is expected for an October release and will be her first English album since Taking Chances. It will be her 25th studio album overall and 10th in English.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR