New Dave Grohl Band Sound City Players to Perform at Sundance
The group's Jan. 18 debut accompanies the premiere of the rocker's new documentary.
Dave Grohl has formed another supergroup, this one named Sound City Players.
The band, whose non-Grohl members are not yet known, will perform Jan. 18 in Park City, Utah, in accordance with the premiere of Grohl's debut as a documentary director on the film Sound City, Rolling Stone reports.
Grohl's future bandmates will include musicians featured in the doc, and so given their special Sound City appearances alongside the Foo Fighter, these people might be making cameos onstage: Trent Reznor; Stevie Nicks; Lindsey Buckingham, Neil Young, John Fogerty and Tom Petty, among others.
Sound City, due out in February, tells the story of a somewhat nondescript and dilapidated recording studio in L.A.'s San Fernando Valley where many of rock's most important records were made (including Nirvana's Nevermind in 1991).
"I really feel like SOUND CITY is my life’s most important work," Grohl wrote in a letter to fans last month. "I hope you do too. Psyched that you get to see it! Show it to your friends! Get together, start a band, sound like shit, and change the world. GO!"
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!