Newly Renovated Forum Opens Its Doors With Lustgarten Foundation Event
The Jan. 13 gala fundraiser is chaired by Irving Azoff and will feature performances by the Eagles and Joan Baez.
This story first appeared on billboard.com.
On Monday, Jan. 13, 2014, the recently renovated Forum in Inglewood, California will host A Night At The Forum to benefit The Lustgarten Foundation’s fight against pancreatic cancer.
The gala fundraising event is being chaired by Irving Azoff, CEO, Azoff MSG Entertainment; James L. Dolan, Executive Chairman, The Madison Square Garden Company, and President and CEO, Cablevision Systems Corporation; Peter Grosslight, Director, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment; and William H. Isacoff, M.D. The event will feature concert performances by the Eagles, Joan Baez, JD & The Straight Shot and comments from Nobel Prize Winner Dr. James Watson.
Cablevision, The Madison Square Garden Company and AMC Networks are underwriting the event, so all proceeds raised from A Night at The Forum will go directly toward pancreatic cancer research to detect the disease earlier, develop better treatments, and ultimately, to find a cure.
“At the time I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in late June, I did pretty much what you'd expect: I panicked and then went to the Internet," says WME’s Grosslight in a prepared statement. "After calming down, I made a much better decision: I tracked down the best doctor I could find -- Dr. William Isacoff. Bill Isacoff is not only giving me innovative life-prolonging treatment, he also introduced me to the essential work of The Lustgarten Foundation for pancreatic cancer research, an organization dedicated to finding a cure. It’s a small world; it turns out The Lustgarten Foundation was founded by and gets continuing support from our friends at Cablevision, MSG, and James Dolan.”
After Dr. Isacoff suggested Grosslight create an event to raise funds for the Foundation, he “did what I've been doing pretty much my whole career – I called my long-time friend Irving Azoff. I'm very grateful to Bill, James, and Irving for organizing this event. I'm also very grateful to all my friends who are coming together to contribute to the Foundation's mission of eradicating this terrible disease. I'm looking forward to an amazing night on January 13th with great entertainment from the Eagles, Joan Baez and JD & The Straight Shot, great food and friends. I hope you'll join us.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!