Nicki Minaj, Hot 97's Rosenberg Squash 'Starships' Beef (Video)
After the New York radio personality called the rapper's hit song "bulls---," the two come together on the air.
Radio host Peter Rosenberg of New York's Hot 97 and hip-hop star Nicki Minaj have been feuding for nearly a year, but it seems the beef is now finally squashed.
On Tuesday, Minaj returned to the station to address what had initially sparked the fight: negative comments made by Rosenberg at the 2012 Hot 97 Summer Jam when he called Minaj's hit song "Starships" "bullshit," remarking on a live stream, “I know there's some chicks here waiting to sing 'Starships' later, I'm not talking to y'all right now, f--- that bullshit. I'm here to talk about real hip-hop shit.”
Mediated by co-host Ebro, the rap queen and the radio jock went toe-to-toe on the finer details of what their argument was about. Rosenberg started by expressing his excitement over Minaj's appearance and then quickly switched gears, explaining that he never meant his comments as a personal attack. He also acknowledged that on a previous encounter with Minaj, he told her that she could “be the greatest female MC of all time."
For her part, Nicki Minaj said she'd never heard or read the comments Rosenberg made. Quoting Ebro, she said the “attitude and disdain” she displayed towards Rosenberg only came from what other people had told her. Although the rap star concluded that she had no more negative feelings towards the radio host, she did say that his comments were almost more offensive because of his “lack of a resume." Minaj added that she grew up on Hot 97, WQHT, but wasn't familiar with Rosenberg as host.
Minaj continued to say that as much as she loved the song "Starships," she was disappointed in how it's overshadowed her other work. Admitting that her second album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded has a more pop feel, she promised that for her upcoming third album, she's going to lock herself in her "dungeon" and work on writing a more rap and hip-hop heavy album. Whether this public spat will make its way to that forthcoming release has yet to be seen.
Watch the full interview in the video below:
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!