Nicki Minaj Hints She May Quit Music After Twitter Exit
Referring to herself in the third person as "the kid," the rapper says she's thinking about "leaving the game."
Nicki Minaj doesn't seem to be sure of what she wants.
Five days after abruptly dropping her Twitter account (and her 11 million followers), seemingly out of frustration over a leaked song, the 29-year-old rapper and singer is hinting at a possible return -- and that she might quit music altogether.
Making the rounds on promotional tour in the U.K., Minaj attempted to explain her Twitter departure to TV host Graham Norton. "A voice in my head told me to delete my Twitter and that's what I did," she said, "I had 11 million followers and I hope they will wait for me."
But with others, she seems less optimistic. Minaj spoke with BBC Radio 1 host Tim Westwood, referring to herself in the third person as "the kid."
“People aren’t even giving the kid props for taking it back to the essence… This is my fourth mixtape, really," she said. "The kid did like that so she could feed her fans. But really, now the kid is thinking maybe she should leave the game.”
Those remarks are up to a variety of interpretations, but if "the game" is music, Minaj seems to be upset about something more than just Twitter.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress