Nine Inch Nails Reforms With New Lineup, Promises 'Extensive' Tour Dates
Eric Avery of Jane's Addiction and Adrian Belew of King Crimson are among the musicians who'll back Trent Reznor on a "full-on arena tour," the rocker announced Monday.
Trent Reznor announced today that Nine Inch Nails has reformed with a new lineup and will be touring again beginning this summer. The new lineup includes Eric Avery of Jane's Addiction, Adrian Belew of King Crimson and Josh Eustis of Telefon Tel Aviv, as well as previous NIN collaborators Alessandro Cortini and Ilan Rubin.
“I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to rethink the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show,” Reznor said in a statement. “Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked -- which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.”
Nine Inch Nails, which initially called it quits four years ago, will begin touring this summer. Reznor has confirmed that the band will embark on a “full-on arena tour” of the States in the fall and will continue touring in 2014. The musician concluded: “Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.”
The group last toured in 2009, before Reznor disbanded it to pursue other projects. Reznor, however, always has said that NIN wasn’t finished and told Rolling Stone in the fall that new songs were in the works. “I never said that that wasn't going to happen, just that it couldn't go on as it was,” Reznor told RS in November. “Having a few years doing other things, I've enjoyed [them] and I'm enjoying doing How to Destroy Angels, and there will be a place for stuff that falls in the Nine Inch Nails column of things. It's a different kind of work.”
How to Destroy Angels, Reznor’s current project, will release its debut March 5 via Columbia. The album, Welcome oblivion, is streaming in full on Pitchfork.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami