Noel Gallagher Calls One Direction 'F--king Idiots'
The former Oasis star criticizes the boy band's "banal pop music" in an interview with British GQ.
In case there was any doubt, Noel Gallagher isn't a fan of One Direction.
The outspoken ex-Oasis rocker revealed his very candid thoughts about the boy-banders in a recent interview with British GQ, during which he called them "f--king idiots."
"F--king idiots. Bless 'em. Bless 'em, but f--k 'em at the same time," he said, calling their catalog "banal pop music."
"Everybody's winning out of it. One Direction aren't working in the local f---ing Costcutter, so they're winning," he said. "The geezer who's writing the f--king s--t tunes: He's winning. He doesn't even have to leave the studio. He's got f--king new houses coming out of his ear holes. The record company are winning 'cause they're all getting their f--king bonuses at Christmas. The young 12-year-old girls are winning because one day they might actually grow up to give one of them a blow job."
He added: "They're all winning. No one's losing! The only people who are losing are idiots like me at 9:30 in the morning, when you're trying to get the kids out the door for school and they're f--king murdering one of Blondie's songs."
Gallagher was named one of British GQ's Icon of the Year in its "Men of the Year" issue.
Among other choice sound bites, he also told the magazine that reading novels is a "waste of f--king time" and says he'd ban littering if he had the power.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Brooks Wheelan on His Post-SNL Plans, Returning to a Days Inn Budget, and Taking Comedians Camping
- A Most Wanted Man Is an Unshapely Movie That Showcases Philip Seymour Hoffman at His Peak
- Seinfeld Might Come to Netflix
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Fainting Spell and Morgan Freeman's Helium Balloon Voice (VIDEO)
- The 10 Most Important 'Interstellar' Mysteries Revealed at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer: Back To the Hilariously Outrageous Future (VIDEO)
- There's Still Hope For an 'X-Files' Reboot