OKC Police Found Weapons on 2 Chainz Tour Bus
Authorities who searched the vehicle reportedly found two .40-caliber semi-automatic pistols and a partial box of ammunition for them.
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Police in Oklahoma City discovered two semi-automatic pistols and a 12-gauge pump shotgun along with some prescription painkillers and marijuana residue on a tour bus occupied by rapper 2 Chainz and 10 other men, according to documents filed Tuesday in Oklahoma County District Court.
The men were arrested Aug. 22 after refusing to get off the bus following a traffic stop. The 35-year-old rapper, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, had performed with Lil Wayne and T.I. in Oklahoma City the previous night.
2 Chainz and the others were charged with obstructing a police officer, a misdemeanor. All were released after paying $2,000 bail.
The Oklahoman newspaper reports police who searched the bus found two .40-caliber semi-automatic pistols and a partial box of ammunition for them, according to the documents. Twenty shells for the 12-gauge shotgun also were seized.
Police found the prescription medications hydrocodone and Flexeril but without prescriptions, according to the search warrant return. Officers also reported discovering marijuana residue along with metal grinders and smoking papers with marijuana residue.
An affidavit filed last week says an officer pulled over the bus on Interstate 40 because its rear taillights were not working.
The officer smelled marijuana when the driver opened the door, the affidavit says, and the officer "could actually see smoke inside the bus around the door." The affidavit also says a passenger on the bus, Abdullah Mujahid, shook his head "no" when he was ordered to get off and held up a small copy of the U.S. Constitution.
The Atlanta-based rapper, initially known as Tity Boi, was a member of the rap duo Playaz Circle before going solo. His 2012 debut album, "Based on a T.R.U. Story," topped the Billboard charts. His new album, B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time, is set to be released.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years