One Direction to Start Shooting 3D Movie in Tokyo
Director Morgan Spurlock confirmed at CES that production would begin over the weekend. The British boy band is set to perform two shows in Japan's capital city Jan. 18 and 19.
One Direction officially will begin shooting their previously announced behind-the-scenes 3D film next weekend. The film, which will be released by TriStar Pictures on Aug. 30 is being directed by Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me), who confirmed at CES last week that production would begin in Tokyo over the weekend. The British boy band is set to perform two shows in Tokyo on Jan. 18 and 19 before bringing their world tour to the U.K., U.S. and Canada.
One Direction is rehearsing for the extended tour in London. Band member Niall Horan wrote on Twitter last week, “Rehearsals goin really well for tour! Settin down vocals and harmonies at the moment!” The musicians have refused to reveal which songs they’re practicing, though. “Unbelievable rehearsal with @JohnShoneKeys @JoshDevineDrums @SandyBeales and @GuitarManDan today!” Horan added over the weekend. “Sounding big… can't tell ya which ones.”
Spurlock is producing the yet-untitled film along with Ben Winston, Adam Milano and Simon Cowell, who discovered the band on X Factor U.K. in 2010. The film will blend concert footage and the musicians’ behind-the-scenes tour life, presumably showcasing music from both the group’s debut Up All Night and the recent effort Take Me Home.
Cowell explained in a statement back in November, “I’m delighted we’re making this film, and Morgan is the perfect person to give that access-all-areas, behind-the-scenes look into what it’s like to be One Direction today. What the band have achieved is incredible; they and their fans have made history around the world -- this is for them.”
One Direction also is slated to perform at the BRIT Awards in London next month alongside Muse and Emeli Sande. The group is nominated in several categories, including Global Success.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay