One Direction's 'Best Song Ever' Video Breaks 24-Hour Vevo Record
The British boy band's latest received 10.9 million views in one day, beating Miley Cyrus' controversial "We Can't Stop."
One Direction’s video for its “Best Song Ever” is breaking records just one day after release.
Music video and entertainment platform VEVO announced Tuesday that within 24 hours of its release on the site yesterday, the video had garnered 10.9 million views. The rabid fan response bests that for Miley Cyrus’ controversial new video, “We Can’t Stop,” which received 10.7 million views in its first day on the web.
The members of 1D put their acting chops on full display in the video, playing caricatures of people they may or may not have encountered in the music industry. Niall Horan sports a beard as the “Studio Exec”; Zayn Malik cross-dresses to play the “Sexy Assistant”; Harry Styles dons nerdy glasses as a misplaced “Marketing Guy”; Liam Payne breaks out his neon workout gear to play the flamboyant “Choreographer”; and Louis Tomlinson invokes Tom Cruise’s Les Grossman from Tropic Thunder, rocking a gold chain and a shaved dome.
Used as a promotional tool for their upcoming film, One Direction: This Is Us, the “Best Song Ever” video features numerous clips from the movie, many of which had been released in the trailer.
The video was directed by Ben Winston and shot in Miami. One Direction: This Is Us will be released Aug. 30 in 3D.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Kerry Washington Brings 'Scandal' to Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Sarah Paulson & Renee Zellweger Hang Out at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration