One Direction's Harry Styles Wins Paparazzi Court Order
"[He] is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos," says Styles' lawyer. "He remains happy to do that, as he always has."
LONDON – A British High Court judge has ordered paparazzi to stay away from One Direction member Harry Styles.
The order from justice Nicola Davies bars several photographers from pursuing the singer by car or motorcycle, placing him under surveillance and loitering or waiting within 50 meters (164 feet) of his home.
Styles' lawyer, David Sherborne, said the singer had gone to court after failing to persuade the photographers to stop their behavior voluntarily.
Sherborne said the 19-year-old Styles — one-fifth of the world's biggest boy band — "is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos. He remains happy to do that, as he always has."
The court order originally was granted last week. On Monday, the judge continued the order until another scheduled hearing on Jan. 13.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan