One Direction's Harry Styles Wins Paparazzi Court Order
"[He] is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos," says Styles' lawyer. "He remains happy to do that, as he always has."
LONDON – A British High Court judge has ordered paparazzi to stay away from One Direction member Harry Styles.
The order from justice Nicola Davies bars several photographers from pursuing the singer by car or motorcycle, placing him under surveillance and loitering or waiting within 50 meters (164 feet) of his home.
Styles' lawyer, David Sherborne, said the singer had gone to court after failing to persuade the photographers to stop their behavior voluntarily.
Sherborne said the 19-year-old Styles — one-fifth of the world's biggest boy band — "is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos. He remains happy to do that, as he always has."
The court order originally was granted last week. On Monday, the judge continued the order until another scheduled hearing on Jan. 13.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'