One Direction's Harry Styles Wins Paparazzi Court Order
"[He] is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos," says Styles' lawyer. "He remains happy to do that, as he always has."
LONDON – A British High Court judge has ordered paparazzi to stay away from One Direction member Harry Styles.
The order from justice Nicola Davies bars several photographers from pursuing the singer by car or motorcycle, placing him under surveillance and loitering or waiting within 50 meters (164 feet) of his home.
Styles' lawyer, David Sherborne, said the singer had gone to court after failing to persuade the photographers to stop their behavior voluntarily.
Sherborne said the 19-year-old Styles — one-fifth of the world's biggest boy band — "is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos. He remains happy to do that, as he always has."
The court order originally was granted last week. On Monday, the judge continued the order until another scheduled hearing on Jan. 13.
What's Hot In Music
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Alex Trebek Overpronouncing Foreign Words: A Supercut
- The Bachelorette: What Happens in the Fantasy Suite Stays in the Fantasy Suite?
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler
- Quentin Tarantino May Finally Release 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair'