Paramore Announces Fourth Album, New Single
The self-titled disc is the Nashville group’s first since the departure of former members Josh and Zac Farro in 2010.
Paramore announced Thursday morning that the band will release their fourth album on April 9, 2013 via Fueled By Ramen/Atlantic. The self-titled disc, which was produced by Justin Meldal-Johnsen in Los Angeles, is the Nashville group’s first since the departure of former members Josh and Zac Farro in 2010.
In a post on their website, the band -- singer Hayley Williams, bassist Jeremy Davis and guitarist Taylor Work -- wrote, “The whole making of this album was a rediscovering of ourselves as a band and as friends. It was a process that allowed us the freedom to explore new territory artistically and to liberate ourselves as musicians, singers, as people.” The group added of the title, “It has been self-titled through nearly the entire process. In fact, what usually takes us weeks on end to sum up and put a label on only took us a five minute conversation this time around.”
The band also revealed that Paramore will be preceded by a single called “Now,” although they have not yet announced when that track will officially emerge. “Not really sure what else to say except for we love this song,” the band wrote. “It just feels like the perfect way to start this new journey we are embarking on not only as a band but as a movement. To show people that you can lose battles but come back and win full on wars. You can rise from ashes. You can make something out of even less than nothing. The only thing you have to do is keep moving forward!”
Paramore will be the group’s first album since 2009's Brand New Eyes, which bowed at No. 2 on the Billboard Top 200.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum